- spent the week talking about non-fiction books. We discussed features of non-fiction books such as bold words, labels, captions, diagrams, and glossary. We sorted fiction and non-fiction books in a variety of ways and also talked about how some books like the Magic School Bus books are a little of both. We made a Venn Diagram together to illustrate this.
- spent the week publishing out how to books. Together, your child and I edited a book they chose from the unit and then they used their five star writing habits to make a published piece. They cam out amazing and are hanging in our hallway.
- Next up is "All About" books aka non-fiction writing
- spent the week learning about and practicing subtraction. We played several subtraction games including a Disappearing Train Game, Subtraction Action, and Scoot. We focused on putting the larger number first and using a number line to help us solve the equations.
- Perhaps the biggest highlight of the week was the Light Lab today. The scientists rotated through 5 stations as they predicted, tested, observed, recorded, and concluded. The five light questions posed at the stations were...
- Does light bounce?
- Can light bend?
- Is light needed to see an object?
- Is light made of many colors?
- Can light travel through objects?
THANK YOU TO ALL THE VOLUNTEERS WHO HELPED MAKE THE DAY HAPPEN!
- The children also used Blue Bots this week. Click below to see a video.
- First Scholastic book order is coming home today. Better late than never!