- have been introduced to the following members of the reading super power team. The members I have introduced thus far are...
- worked on vowel sounds
- new letters--p, h, r, k
- new popcorn words--at, and, am
- are swimming in writing pattern books--pattern books are simple books that have a word pattern on each page and only 1 or 2 words change. They are also the type of books the children are reading right now. They are great at helping writers learn to spell their popcorn words correctly.
- worked on putting spaces between words.
- discussed what to do when you make a mistake.
- learned about getting ideas from each other and from the books we read.
- introduced the word "sum" and played Find the Sum.
- played a spin a number game.
- made hexagons in multiple ways.
- counted by 10s .
- counted by 10s from random numbers.
- played a double ten frame game.
- during calendar we are discussing the different types of equations.
Practice at home:
- +1 and +0 facts
- number stories (aka: word problems) Have your children tell you whether your story is a join (+) or take away (-) number story.